Adult Education Workshops
“The Law & You” - Community and further education workshops for adult learners.
LawEd undertakes in taking the law further connecting our communities by both educational and training methods.
Community Education is a process of personal and community development, transformation, empowerment, social change and collective responsiveness. It is grounded on principles of justice, equality and inclusiveness.
This course strives to show that the law provides for and regulates so many things that it is often taken for granted such as, the houses we live in, the transport we use to more substantial matters such as the protection of the family, succession and consumer rights.
Through our teachings and holistic approach, we strive to build a Community Education programme will engages participants in the development of our legal systems by creating a social teaching and learning process.
- Personal development and the creation of a greater knowledge of our legal system
- Develop both academically and socially (enhanced skills such as communication, reasoning skills and objective decision making)
- Autonomy and the ability to learn
- Provide participants with the practical skills and guidance in the key areas of law that affect their daily lives
- This programme will be structured to address the constraints of modern work and lifestyle commitments of our communities
- Overview of the Irish Legal System & access to the Courts
- Principles of Testate & Intestate Succession in Ireland
- Outline the principles of drafting a Will
- The route to litigation regarding Succession
- Origins of land law & the different forms of Estates
- Buying and selling a residence and land
- Consumer Rights
- Employment rights
- Separation, Divorce, Maintenance and Ancillary Orders in Ireland
- Road Traffic Offences and Drink Driving laws
- Negligence, Nuisance and Trespass the law of Tort
- Criminal Law
Instructional Methods & Course Materials
- Online webinars
- PowerPoint presentations
- Overhead Projector
- Written notes and handouts
- Case Studies
- Role Plays
- Workshops/Group work, discussions debates
Full details of all our programmes and seminars are available on request.